Like This

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Toasted Head Cabernet Sauvignon 2012: Review

Toasted Head Winery
Acampo, California, USA


13.5% abv
On sale at Kroger
For $9.59

I just cannot believe that I have never reviewed Toasted Head Cab nor Merlot.  I have always liked the TH Merlot over the Cabernet Sauvignon but, that was 10 years ago or so.  Let’s get on with the review.

Appearance: a somewhat translucent ruby body


Aroma: dark berry bowl with a hint of spice;

Flavors: not too often that I agree with what is written on a bottle of wine but, I my notes were real close to theirs; on the bottle: “… medium-bodied…, blackberry, cassis with hints of cloves and vanilla…”
I had: dark berries that remind me of blackberry, mulberry, and black currant; nice toasted vanilla probably coming from the oak barrel aging; pleasing herbal spice; an agreeable hint of oak builds as the wine opens


To the Point: I still like this wine; a great value wine at $9.59 a bottle on sale (and I got another 10% off); so, $8.65 a bottle – That’s it I’m out of here and going back and buy the rest of those bottles on the clearance table.   


No comments:

Post a Comment