Like This

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

M Lawrence SEX Sparkling Wine


L. Mawby
Suttons Bay, Michigan, USA
12% abv
$15.00
Brut Rose
1019 of 2542 Bottles
Batch #81
A sexy blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
Cuve Closed Method

When I was in Traverse City I stopped by a bar called Phil’s on the Front – Restaurant & Chocolate Bar.  Chocolate and alcohol – I’m there.  I ordered a glass of M Lawrence SEX and a triple chocolate cake.  I figured I was going to M. Mawby’s the next day I might as well try this sparkling wine ahead of time.  It was a perfect match.  If you make it to TC stop by Phil’s. 

Appearance: Soft pink rose’ (double bubblegum color) with some slowly rising bubbles.

Aroma: strawberry soda fizz

Flavors and Mouthfeel: dry on delivery, mid-palate, and very dry on the finish.  The fizz seems moderate.  The mouthfeel is the main profile of this bubbly.  A soft blend of strawberry and raspberry.  There is an undertone of sweetness but, you may have to look for it for the dry fizzy profile demands your attention. 

To the Point: This Brut Rose’ is dry and the touch of red fruit is tasty.  Get a piece of dark chocolate and enjoy. 

I do not like Rose’ wines but, for some reason I find Rose’ Sparkling Wines fun to drink. 

If you like sweet bubbly go with the M. Lawrance Detroit.  If you like it really dry go with this Brut Rose – SEX. 


No comments:

Post a Comment