Like This

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fess Parker 2008 Chardonnay: Review

Santa Barbara County
Fess Parker Winery

On the bottle, ‘Flavors of ripe apple, butter, lemon and melon are perfectly balanced with light toasty oak on the palate.’

They always have a really good written description on their bottles of wine. As a wine drinker I really appreciate a well written description. First, it can help me in the selection of the wine. Then, if I have not had the wine before, it prepares me for some or all of the flavors I am going to experience.

To me this Chardonnay has a nice green apple taste and a slight lemon taste. The lemon is not bitter like ‘lemon rind,’ or puckering like ‘lemon juice.’ It is a very pleasing lemon taste. I could not place the other notes so, that is when I checked the list on the bottle. Melon and butter was left that I did not get.

First the butter, I don’t get it except for a descriptor of the mouthfeel – ‘buttery smooth’. The mouthfeel is smooth like butter. When I started thinking about the melon note that was the other flavor that I could not place. To me it is like a honey dew melon.

This is a perfect white wine for a hot summer day. Very fresh tasting notes and a fine smooth texture to please your palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment