Like This

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Wine Review: Liberty School 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon

13.5% abv
Liberty School Winery
Paso Robles, California, USA
$12.99 a bottle
My Strength Rating:7

I remember when I bought my first bottle of Liberty School. I saw that the wine was made from the Paso Robles region and I knew that Justin Winery was located there so, if Justin’s wines are from there let me give this a try. When I got home and tried it I liked it and went back for more. I don’t know if you can get much better than this for this price range. I have found this bottle in the price range of $11 to $13 a bottle, depending what store you go to. Usually a red wine in this range can be very one dimensional, boring, sweet, good for the compost pile, or just a solid okay in overall taste quality. This bottle drinks like a good quality 25 to 30 dollar bottle of Cabernet.

The appearance of this wine has a good Cabernet look, a deep garnet body with some nice ruby edges.

The aroma is dark berry like reminding me of blackberry and dark currants.

The flavor is very pleasing. A thick coating of blackberry, currants, and dark cherry just covers the palate. There is a dry dark chocolate like character adding some texture.

The mouthfeel is dry and has a lingering aftertaste of earthy notes and dark berries. This wine has a firm structure and an overall feel that could be described as rich.

Since this is my last bottle of Liberty I’ll be looking to resupply.

No comments:

Post a Comment