Like This

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Parker Station Pinot Noir 2009: Review


Parker Station Inc.
Santa Maria, California, USA

Appearance: light ruby

Aroma: the spice is noticeable as you pour the glass, let me call it spice box; red fruit like strawberry and cranberry; hint of oak

Flavors: the spice box is front and center to me, a little green spice and an herbal mix with pinch of green peppercorn; strawberry plays a good role; light tart cranberry; plum skin; 

Mouthfeel: on the bottle they call it medium to full bodied.  I call it mild-medium in body weight.  I’ll give it a 3.5 maybe a 4 on my strength scale.  Not a very long aftertaste.    

To the Point: a worthy Pinot Noir.  While tasty … it seems a tad thin at times … something is not bringing it all together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment