Like This

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio 2010: Review


12.5% abv
Around $23.00 Port Austin Market
Product of Italy


Appearance: light straw or what I like to call it ‘lemon water’

Aroma: light, touch of citrus meat, hint of floral

Flavors: this is citrus all the way.  Last night I fixed Ahi Tuna and I made a citrus side of pink grapefruit, lemon, lime and orange with a few slices of kiwi.  This wine reminds me of that pink grapefruit, lemon, and lime bite that I had with dinner.

Now, this bottle has been open for two days.  What I remember from the other night when I opened it is that it was kind of boring with just a hint of the citrus note and not much else. 

Open up a bottle and find out for yourself.  If it seems a little uneventful the day you open it don’t worry just save it for the next day.   

Mouthfeel: twang of citrus on the tongue, little body weight on the palate from the citrus note. 

My Strength Rating: 5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment