Like This

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Barefoot Bubbly: Review

Brut Cuvee
Sparkling Chardonnay
$12.49 at Kroger Grocery Store

Nothing special on the nose and I mean nothing. The taste is tart green apple, which I like, but it ends there. Overall, there is a fizzy feel on the texture.

When I poured the first glass it was really bubbly looking and the effervescence was good. By the time I got to the mid-point in the glass it was just fizzy. By the bottom of the glass it seemed a little flat and boring. Let’s try a second glass – research is tough.

The second glass started off with a firm fizzy style and by the second sip it was just fizzy and it was downhill from there.

A very simple bubbly that would be good for those who don’t know the difference between a 10 dollar bottle or a 50dy bucker. This would be good to mix with orange juice, strawberry, pomegranate juice, or other mixers.

I just mixed it with a 100% cranberry juice concentrate. That was okay. The nose seemed tart and musty. The taste was still tart.

Now, let’s give the 100% Pomegranate juice concentrate a try. The sweet pomegranate comes through as a good mixer. The tart apple is now an undertone and the sweet pomegranate adds some needed flavor.  If I was ever going to buy this bubbly again (I won't) I'd mix it with Pomegranate juice concentrate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment