Like This

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Big Easy 2009: Review


Origianl artwork on the bottle by Diane Millsap
Fess Parker Winery
Santa Maria, California, USA
61% Syrah, 23% Petit Sirah, 16% Grenache
14.9% abv

Appearance: deep garnet, plenty of leg action after each swirl of the glass,

Aroma: just wonderful, I wish I could do it justice; big juicy blackberries, mulberries, mixed with a good dose of red berries – reminding me of raspberry and sweet cherry, smoked pecan wood, the hint of vanilla reminds me of the butter horn rolls that I pick up at Zehnder’s for some reason,

Flavors: a lot of the nose follows along with some dark chocolate likeness, a little sweet vanilla cherry, hint of spice

Sorry, I didn’t get to finish mouthfeel.  I got called away and I never came back to finish the review but, I did finish the bottle and it was terrific.  I’ll finish and update the review when I open another bottle.  


The coon skin cap Daniel Boone wore


No comments:

Post a Comment