Like This

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Broke Ass Red Wine 2009: Wine Review


This red wine is from Argentina and is a blend of 50% Malbec and 50% of Syrah. The taste is not all that bad. There is a tart blackberry and black currant profile mixing in with a smoky earth quality. The mouthfeel is a little jammy. It is nothing special of course – as it says on the bottle, ‘no frills great value wine.’ While it is only ??? Damn I don’t remember how much I paid – it may have been $8.00, I don’t know if I would call it a great value. Great value has to have the right price and good taste. The taste here is ‘not bad,’ which is not good but not poor either.

Just a fun wine to pick up because of the name and since I just paid for a new roof, two new doors, $1,300 on the car, $400 on doggie vet visits, and bought some new clothes here in the past two weeks – I feel broke! So, the wine is fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment