Like This

Monday, February 21, 2011

Chronic Cellars 2009 Purple Paradise: Review

14.5% abv
Chronic Cellars
Paso Robles, California, USA
95% Zinfandel, 5% Petite Sirah
Chroniccellars.com
My Strength Rating: 4

This wine pours an attractive ruby color, deep ruby with big lighter ruby highlights.

As the wine smoothly glides across the tongue I detect sweet summertime red berries with a twist of vanilla. Right now I am thinking of a big bowl of vanilla ice cream with big ripe strawberries for some reason.

As I pour myself a second glass of this tasty little treat the wine starts to open. The strawberry presence is still tasty with that nice vanilla twist. But, now I start to notice a bit of a spice note. I continue my research with a few more sips of the wine and I think I am going to call it a mild pink peppercorn taste and this taste is on the back of the palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment