Like This

Monday, March 28, 2011

CEV 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon: Review


Colio Estate Vineyards
Harrow, Ontario, Canada
$19.75 Canadian
My Strength Rating:6
12.2% abv
18 months in European Oak

Aroma: currants, cigar box, green pepper, and smoky

Flavors: red and black currants, boysenberry, spice, touch of pink peppercorn. 

The more this wine opens up I notice a blackberry bite, tart red berries, and a dry dark chocolate. 

The aftertaste is dry and tart and it coats the palate for a nice lingering mouthfeel. 

I like this wine on the first glass and as it evolves into my third glass. 

I’ll be returning to Colio’s for more of this Cabernet.

This is a good one to end the Cabernet Month with.  Why, you ask?  Because next month (April) is going to be Ontario Wine Month. 

Visit CigarPostings for the cigar pairing with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment