Like This

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Black Star Arcturos 2010 Cabernet Franc: Review


Black Star Farms
Suttons Bay, Michigan, USA
Montague Estate and Isidors Choice Vineyards
$25.00
12% abv

I really enjoyed the 2008 so, when I was in Traverse City I had the opportunity to pick up some bottles of the 2010 and 2011 Cab Franc. 

Appearance: crimson with shiny ruby highlights

Aroma: blackberry, black plum, light-moderate wood,

Right after opening:

Flavors: delicate floral on the tip of the tongue followed by light earth, firm blackberry, a pomegranate raspberry note, a hint of floral late on the palate, light-moderate oak 

Mouthfeel: thin in spots, earthy dark berries swirl on the tongue, watery edge on the mid and back, slight oaky spice on the finish, moderate acidity,

My Strength Rating: 5/4.5 - medium body

To the Point: not even close to the 08.  The mouthfeel on the 08 was thick and jammy, how I like my Cab Franc to be.  This is on the thin side.  


No comments:

Post a Comment