Like This

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

David Bruce 2003 Petite Sirah: Review


Vineyard Designate Series
Paso Robles
Shell Creek Vineyard
14.8% abv

Looks like I have had this bottle around for a little while.  Time to review and drink it up.  I was not planning to review this bottle but, it tastes so damn good I might as well say some good things about this Petite Sirah.

Appearance: Deep purple almost black body with a purple rim. 

Aroma: rich black berries, pencil lead, some spice hitting the nose

Flavors: oh, juicy black berries that are just yummy, 85% like dark chocolate, a little earthy feel bringing it all together, hint of pepper late on the finish. 

Look at the dark purple end of the cork

Mouthfeel: smooth, almost creamy berry feel today, a little jammy feel is building on the palate here on the first glass.  Tannins are under control and the acidity works with the big berry taste.  I’ll bet this was a lot bolder four or five years ago.  

To the Point: I sure wish I had more of this 2003.  It is one tasty Petite Sirah now at nine years old.  


No comments:

Post a Comment