Like This

Friday, July 9, 2010

A Wine Review: Clos Du Bois Briarcrest 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon

I got this bottle at a fundraiser for Waggin Tails Dog Rescue. They had a wine tasting, auction, and the opportunity to buy some wine from Pilgrim Party Store located in Plymouth, Michigan. During the wine tasting I enjoyed this one and of course a few others so, I bought a bottle of each. Now, it is time to do a review on this tasty Cabernet.

Here is the bottle description: “This powerful wine showcases Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon in its pure form: Blackcurrant, ripe blackberry, anise, sweet tobacco, vanilla and spice.”

I really like this wine. The dark berry profile is flavorful. There is a nice earthiness to the body and I like the delicate spice. This is winner in my book. I think I’ll buy another bottle. This would be wonderful with a tasty filet.

No comments:

Post a Comment