Like This

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Wine Review: Midnight Cabernet Sauvignon

The Wine - Midnight Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 Nebula

This wine has a very dense dark body with a nice ruby color on the edges. It has a 14.2% abv. I selected this wine because it is from Paso Robles. Justin Winery and Liberty School are both from that region and I really like both of those Cabs.

The nose of this wine has a solid dark berry and spice profile. Right after opening the tannins are speaking. After a little time to breath the balance kicks in and the flavors come alive. The dark berries and cherry notes are yummy and mingle well with the spices and some oaky and vanilla oaky notes. This is a fuller bodied Cab. I am going to rate it a 7.5 on my strength scale. I could see an 8 but, the wine has such a nice finish of berry and plum that does not have that bitter bite of a strong blackberry. The earthy structure just coats the palate for a solid Cabernet Sauvignon taste.

This is a must buy. I would love to compare this to Justin Cabernet some day. This bottle cost me $18.00 at Everyday Wines in Ann Arbor.

I would recommend a big juicy steak on the grill with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment