Like This

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sprucewood Shores 2007 Meritage: Review


VQA Lake Erie North Shore
Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery
Harrow, Ontario, Canada
13% abv
$21.95 a bottle

I remember visiting this winery in the winter of 2007.  They opened their doors in June of that year.  They have a wonderful dog that will probably greet you in the parking lot or at the front door.  On my next visit I’ll take my three dogs and maybe they can all play together. 
 
Blend: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Cab Franc, 30% Merlot

Appearance: a pretty crimson color with a ruby edge

Aroma: smoky black cherry that would make a good pipe tobacco blend

Flavors: black cherry, juicy berries – red currant and black raspberry, smoky earthy tone, cocoa powder 

Mouthfeel: this is velvety smooth, the tannins and acidity are in balance, a moderate dry feel on the finish, the lingering berries seem a bit short

My Strength Rating: 5 – a solid medium body for a Meritage, the short aftertaste and silky smooth style keeps it in the medium range to me.

To the Point: I will have to make a special trip to get back to this winery to pick up a six pack of this wine.  The overall flavors of this wine are just plain sexy smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment