Like This

Friday, December 17, 2010

Justin 2007 Obtuse: Review

This is an American style port wine.

18%abv
375ml bottle
$17.00 a bottle
Justin Vineyards and Winery
Paso Robles, California, USA
JustinWine.com
I have never had this wine from Justin before so, when I saw this bottle I had to have it of course. This dark ruby colored port wine is attractive. Not only is it attractive but, smells good and taste wonderful. I think it is a date.

First Day - First 2 ounces
The aroma is cherry like with other berries and a touch of chocolate.
The dark 70% like chocolate taste with the ripe cherries and dark berry notes make this a luscious treat.

A few days later - another 2 ounces
Oh boy, this is even better. Yes, you can open this port wine and you have up to six months till you have to consume it (stored under proper conditions). The aroma still has the cherry-berry like nose but, I think the chocolate note is richer and there is a pleasing sent of alcohol spice on the nose as well.

The taste is much better. There is definitely a tawny port character to the taste now. There is a terrific nutty and cherry-chocolate like taste. I like the development of the nutty characteristic.

I think when I open another bottle of the Obtuse I will open it a day ahead of time.

Must buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment