Like This

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Justin 2008 Syrah: Review


Justin Vineyard & Winery
Paso Robles, California, USA
15% abv is printed in the smallest font and in the left bottom corner of the label.

I just looked at my list and I have never reviewed this wine … wow, I must have been just enjoying and not wanting to share.  So, let’s share

Appearance: mid-night black body with a ruddy ruby edge

Aroma: dark berries, spice, and I am surprised by the amount of alcohol that I pick up but, I just opened the bottle

Flavors: I need to let this bottle to breathe a little here … I would think an 08 might be open and drink with a Syrah but, not with this one … at least today.

Okay, now I remember … it is not my favorite Justin Wine but, I still like it and it needs some time out of the bottle to settle. 

Blackberries on the tart side, peppery for the spice, earthy … soil like, and there is an alcohol burn.  

2008 was a rough year for those grapes so, maybe this is the result.

Good thing for you this vintage is not on the shelf anymore.  I’ll look for the 2010 vintage and hopefully it is better than this 08. 

Maybe this is way I never reviewed it … it just is not balanced … but I’ll sit back with a fine cigar and enjoy the rest of the bottle anyways.  


No comments:

Post a Comment