Like This

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Clancy’s 2008: Review


Blend: Shiraz, Cab. Sauvignon, and Merlot
Peter Lehmann of the Barossa
Tanunda, South Australia
14.5% abv

This was a bottle I picked up at Costco back when I had a membership. So, I must have bought this bottle back in 2010. I did not decant or open the bottle for any length of time.  I just twisted that ‘cap’ right off the bottle and got to business.  On the first two sips I liked this wine. Let’s see how it goes beyond the first two sips. 

Appearance: deep garnet with a shiny ruby edge.

Aroma: sweet cherry surrounded by dark berries – a rather appealing nose.

Flavors: a good bright display of dark berries and cherry right after opening, I kept waiting for more and … I kept waiting …

Mouthfeel: good delivery of flavors at first and a smooth finish.  Lingering dark berries on the palate.  But, the more I drink of this wine the thinner it seems to get, the wine just never seemed to open up and with time it just seemed to lack any luster. 

To the Point: I became disinterested with this wine.  It seemed to get thinner rather than fuller as it opened up.  I’ll skip this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment