Like This

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blue Water Winery Cab Sauvignon and Franc: Review


2009 Vintage
65% Cabernet Sauvignon
35% Cabernet Franc
Blue Water Winery
Carsonville, Michigan, USA
North of Lexington and South of Port Sanilac
13.5% abv
$16.00 I think, damn I forgot to get the price list from them.

Appearance: Bright and shiny ruby color with a little watery edge on the rim.  Lighter in color than I would expect but, this is a fairly new winery they have been around since 2004. 

Aroma: fruity, cherry and raspberry like with a dusting of spice.

Flavors: very pleasing, sweet cherry, black raspberry, just a dash of pink peppercorn,

Mouthfeel: smooth, fresh, pleasing to the palate, clean aftertaste, tannins seem low, and the acidic level seems low.  I would guess this one is not for aging. 

My Strength Rating: 4 – a mild-medium Cab Blend.

To the Point: Okay, it is not going to make it with the big boys, yet.  But, it is very enjoyable to drink.  They have only been making wine for six or seven years now and I am looking forward to following their wines in the future. 

I enjoyed it with a homemade pizza.

Read their article in the Oakland Press

I think this will pair well with a good mild-medium bodied cigar and I have one in mind and I just reviewed it yesterday.  So, let me grab a new one out of the humidor and let’s do a wine and cigar pairing.

No comments:

Post a Comment