Like This

Monday, July 5, 2010

A Wine Review: Ventisquero Queulat Cabernet Sauvignon 2004 Gran Reserva

The chit chat on the bottle leads you to think you have an ‘elegant and delicate’ wine in your position. The first glass I poured it was meaty, earthy and full of a eucalyptus taste that was overpowering. This bottle needs to sit and breathe for a while.

After an hour has passed, I decide to cork the bottle and wait till tomorrow.

One day later: Now, this wine tastes good. I like the earthy notes now. I like the strength of the berries. Why did it take a day to settle down? I don’t know.  This bottle was not 'elegant and delicate.'

Overall: not a bad wine from Chile. I am not going to be heading out to test another bottle though.  That is wine dripping down the label.

No comments:

Post a Comment