Like This

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ironstone 2008 Cabernet Franc: Review


Lodi Appellation
14.5%abv
Ironstone Vineyards
Murphys, California, USA
Ironstonevineyards.com
$25.00 restaurant price

I bought this at a restaurant near my summer place in Grindstone, Michigan.  I have not been to this place in 8 years.  Since my usual place is closing soon I thought I would check out another.  The food was very good and here is the wine that I had with dinner.

Appearance: deep garnet in color

Aroma: dark berries and light earthiness

Flavors: pretty simple here, dark berries, sweet bing cherry, earthy

Mouthfeel: medium bodied, cherry-berry aftertaste, tannins are undercontrol and the acidity seems simple enough. 

My Strength Rating: 5 – not what I would expect from a Cab Franc.  Too simple.

To the Point: a below average Cab Franc.  I would expect this at a bar, dinner or a low end restaurant.  This wine might go good with pizza but not the filet that I enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment