Like This

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pouilly-Fuisse 2009


Joseph Drouhin
100% Chardonnay
Aging: steel and oak barrels
13% abv
$40.00 at the Bank Restaurant
Beaune, France

Appearance:  light golden wheat

Aroma: fresh fruit, pear, apple, tart apple

Flavors: the taste really follows the nose.  There is a floral or grassy note swirling around.  I also get a hint of oak on the taste and on the aftertaste.
Along with that tart apple I’ll say there is a touch of red grapefruit. 

Mouthfeel: good acidic structure with a dry yet refreshing finish – very nice on this 85 degree day here in Grindstone City Michigan. 

My Strength Rating: 4/4.5 - very nice medium bodied Chardonnay.

A very agreeable Chardonnay and if it retails for around 20 bucks I would buy it. 

Paired well with the Pork Saigon dish that I just enjoyed at the Bank Restaurant in Port Austin Michigan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment