Like This

Friday, April 22, 2011

Viewpointe Focal Pointe 2002: Review


Cabernet Franc
14.2% abv
Viewpointe Estate Winery
Harrow, Ontario, Canada
$15.00 Canadian – On Sale ½ off
My Strength Rating: 5.5

I tasted this wine at their winery and I thought it was just okay for a Cab. Franc.  But, half off of 30 = 15 bucks … let’s give it a try. 

When I opened the bottle the condition of the cork had me a little concerned.  One quarter of the cork looks dry.  The bottom portion looks like the wine seeped into the cork.  Is this bottle ‘corked?’ 


I take a little whiff from the bottle and it seems okay.  After pouring a little into a glass the aroma is not of a ‘corked’ wine.  The taste seems good at this point. 

Appearance: garnet body with some ruby highlights.

Aroma: dark berry profile, reminisces of currant, blackberry, cherry, and a touch of smoke

Flavors: earthy style, mineral soil likeness, touch of tobacco, hint of dark chocolate (90% type), dark berries, firm blackberries, toasted oak on the back

Mouthfeel: dry dark chocolate bite, earthy notes cover the teeth and gums, tart berries, still smooth in its delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment