Like This

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Jackson Triggs Vidal Ice Wine 2007: Review

I love Ice Wine! And, oh do I remember my first experience (we are talking Ice Wine). I was visiting Niagara On-The Lake, Ontario, Canada back in the late 90’s. I had stopped by a winery called Stony Ridge. They offered me a sample of ‘Ice Wine’. Being the Red Wine Snob I said, ‘I only drink reds thank you.’ He said, ‘does not matter what you drink this is an excellent dessert wine.’ Oh, then it is sweet. Sorry, I don’t do sweet wines. He returned, ‘do you like deserts?’ YES! Then, it was in my hand. I had one little sip; then another, and I said, ‘wow this is great!’

I ended up buying six bottles. And, the good stuff is not cheap.

Back then I had made it to the Niagara region to visit the different wineries several times. I am looking forward to getting back there one day. If you love wine it is a must plan trip.

I have been able to find the Jackson Triggs Ice Wine in a local wine store. This is a very good ice wine. It comes in a 187ml bottle for $20. This is a perfect size for me and my wife. It does come in a larger 375ml bottle. Remember, you are only going to drink about 50ml per person in a day.

When you drink this wine you should use an Ice Wine glass which holds about 50ml. And, that is all you should drink of this lovely sweet wine. The sugar content is really high.

The Jackson Triggs Vidal Ice Wine has a fantastic summertime fresh fruit and tropical fruity flavor. The papaya and mango covers the tropical and the nectarine covers the summertime fruit. That sweet, syrupy, ripe nectarine in a glass.

Now, this is a sipping wine. Take your time and enjoy the flavors. It is best to chill this before serving. If you do not have Ice Wine glasses then use a cordial glass. This does go well with fresh fruit. Some people have told me that they have had it with ice cream. I love it with dark chocolate (70%). Or, the best why to have it --- by itself, after dinner.

This is a MUST HAVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment