Like This

Friday, August 5, 2011

Main Street Chardonnay 2009


Santa Barbara County
Main Street Winery
St. Helena, California, USA
I have seen prices of $10 to 13 (retail)
I paid $31 at the Bank Restaurant in Port Austin Michigan

Appearance: light golden straw

Aroma: tropical and sweet fruit on the nose reminding me a little of papaya juice and a splash of pineapple.

Flavors: the sweet and tropical nose follows to the taste.  White peach, throw in that splash of pineapple, fuji apple, and there seems to be a touch of oak on the back. 

My Strength Rating: 4


This wine did pair well with my Chicken Wellington.  I was planning to have this with the Pork Saigon but, they were out of that dish. 


Stop by the Bank Restaurant in Port Austin, Michigan


On the second day this wine has a bit of a tart bite that appears – like citrus peel. 

Visit CigarPostings for the cigar pairing

No comments:

Post a Comment