Like This

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Justin Cabernet Sauvignon 2008

Justin Vineyards and Winery
Paso Robles, California, USA
Visit their web site for tasting notes
JUSTINwine.com

I was out to dinner and I saw the Justin Cab 2008 on the wine list and I had to give it a try. Justin has to be one of my favorite Cabernets and well, favorite wineries.

This Cabernet was aged in oak barrels for 17 months.

The nose has a nice berry aroma that leans toward the red berries.

The taste is very nice but, not complex. The red notes are at play: red cherries and red currant. The texture comes across velvety smooth. While it comes across as a pretty simple wine it will be interesting to see how it ages. I think I’ll be buying some pretty soon and I’ll wait till the end of 2011 to see how it is aging.

No comments:

Post a Comment