Like This

Monday, September 27, 2010

Renaissance Cabernet Sauvignon 1999: Review

This cabernet comes from the Sierra Foothills in Oregon House, California. This 13.5% abv red wine is still fine eleven years later. There is a nice dark cherry nose. I like the blackberry bite that mixes with the plum, earth, black cherry, spice, and sweet cedar notes. This wine leaves a good thick earthy quality or jammy feel on the palate. This cab has some good body.

With each sip I can taste that moist plum flavor and then the dark fruits kick in to add some body structure to the flavor profile. The spice and woody notes play on the back of the palate for that nice Cabernet Sauvignon finish. I think I’ll give this wine a 7 on my strength scale. (medium-full)

This bottle use to sell for around $27 - $30 a bottle and I just picked up a few bottles at $15.00 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment