Like This

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

2007 Gewurztraminer Kabinett: Review


The White Wine
The Gewurztraminer is produced by the Weingut Geil Winery in Germany. The color is a very watery yellow crystal clear color. The aroma is very delicate, fresh, and sweet with a hint of floral and fresh apple slices. The taste has an interesting crispness to it, it is not quit prickly, nor is it quit tingly so, I guess I’ll say it has a zippy little crispness that plays on the tongue just before a passion fruit like sweetness takes over. There is a light twang on the back of the palate during the finish. The mouthfeel has a clean oily silky texture. When you lick your teeth and gums there is a nice sweet apple aftertaste. I would have to call this a semi-sweet white wine for there is a little dryness to the body.

The more I taste this Gewurztraminer it is that light twang on the back of the palate that I keep focusing on. After a few tastes I think it reminds me of a white grapefruit twang. The more I stick my nose in the glass I sense that light floral note: honeysuckle and rose petal but, it is very light.


Here is my skinny on this wine. Yes, it did pair up well with spicy food. I had a portabella mushroom, red onion, and green olive with alfredo sauce pizza. The pizza had a nice spicy taste and this wine was very refreshing with this pizza. The sweetness of the wine seemed to just take control of the flavors of the pizza. But, here is how I would enjoy this Gewurztraminer as a desert. I would open the bottle after a nice spicy type meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment