Like This

Monday, June 25, 2012

Bowers Harbor 2010 Riesling Block II: Review


90 degrees outside makes the bottle sweat a little

Old Mission Peninsula
Bowers Harbor Vineyards
Traverse City, Michigan, USA
12% abv
$20.00 a bottle

I tried this yesterday and doing the review today.

Appearance: pale yellow

Aroma: faint floral and mild citrus meat,

Flavors: the citrus bite is bigger than I was expecting, lemon mineral water with an extra squeeze on the lemon, once in a while I think a note of some other fruit shows up but, the lemon just dominates. 

Mouthfeel: pucker power, acidic, very dry, like biting on a lemon wedge

To the Point: I thought my taste buds were off yesterday and thought I needed to wait one more day to review this … it is a lemon drop.  I had to stop after one glass yesterday because the acidic nature of this Riesling started to bother me.  I think I’ll cook some shrimp and scallops with the remainder of this bottle.  Not what I think of as a Riesling.  Maybe with this high acidity this Riesling could be aged and the flavor profile may mellow with time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment