Like This

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Gerard Bertrand Corbieres 2006: Review


Syrah & Mourvedre
13.5% abv
France

Opened the bottle last night and had a glass with dinner.  The taste was okay, the nose very nice, but I was too tired to do a wine review.  The taste was simple and boring and I did not even finish the glass.  So, I capped the bottle and here I am today doing the review today. 

Appearance: deep garnet

Aroma: black cherry, dark currants, herbal-spice note

Flavors: Much better today.  Firm earthy quality, nice dark berry blend, nice touch of sweet black cherry, pleasing spice.  As I focus on the spice I notice a touch of thyme and white pepper.   On my second glass there is a good smoky note hitting the nose and this transfers to the taste. 

Mouthfeel: firm, jammy at times, smooth overall, tannins under control, nice acidic structure,

My Strength Rating: 7 – very tasty, on the second day, firm and thick texture for a good medium-full mouthfeel. 

If you get this bottle, decant it for at least 20 minutes to get the flavors to open up. 

Visit CigarPostings for the cigar pairing with this wine

No comments:

Post a Comment