Like This

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sanson 2008 Reserve Baco Noir: Review


Sanson Estate Winery
12.5% abv
$25.00 Canadian
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada
My Strength Rating: 4/4.5
Baco Noir is pronounced: BA-koh NWAHR

I can remember stopping by this winery back when they first opened up.  The wine was the usual start-up wine taste a little on the thin side.  Well, now is the time to stop on by this little winery.  I have sampled a few of their wines and I have enjoyed them.  I enjoyed the Bird Dog Red so much I went back and bought four more bottles. 

Appearance: Garnet with ruby crystal highlights

Aroma: plump big dark berry notes and a whiff of oak

Flavors: this is a fruit forward wine here for the taking.  Mulberry, touch of blueberry, hint of boysenberry, red currants, and sweet cedar.  The tannins are low, which it should be for a Baco, and the acidic level is pleasing, which can be high for a young Baco Noir.

Mouthfeel: light and lively feel on the palate.  The sweet berries linger for a spell on the palate.  There is a light edge.

Visit CigarPostings for the cigar pairing with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment