Like This

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Meiomi Pinot Noir 2008 Belle Glos: Review


The grapes to make this Pinot came from three different vineyards Sonoma County 65%, Monterey County 20%, and Santa Barbara County 15%.  It is said that the Santa Barbara grapes add to the spice-filled aromas; Sonoma adds to the bright berry flavors; and Monterey has the rich texture to give it some substance. 

13.9% abv – why not 14 – I feel cheated
Belle Glos Wines
Rutherford, California, USA
My Strength Rating: 3 – truly velvety smooth

Appearance: a rich ruby color

Aroma: red fruits, reminds me of the red raspberries I had for breakfast this morning. Overall, a pleasing aroma to this wine.    

Flavors: If you want to know what the term ‘fruit forward’ means – try this wine, for it is fruit forward.  Notes of; sweet strawberry, red currant, tasty raspberry to name a few.  

Mouthfeel: I really like the mouthfeel of this wine.  Creamy was my first word that came to mind.  Then, velvety smooth came to mind.  The mouthfeel on this Pinot Noir is a great experience. 

Here are the wine notes from their web site – I can’t wait to see how I did.
“Deep garnet color. Luxurious and dynamic aromas of ripe strawberry, bright cherry and faint notes of spicy oak and vanilla. The complexity of the palate smoothly layers rich red currant notes and baking spice flavors with light smoke, earth and leather. A balanced, velvety texture and supple tannins carry the wine through to a lingering, succulent finish.”

They call it deep garnet and I think it is a medium ruby at best

No comments:

Post a Comment