Like This

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Wine Review: D’Angelo Baco Foch 2004

12.5% abv
$8.00 a bottle Canadian
D’Angelo Winery
Amherstberg, Ontario, Canada
Dangelowinery.com
My Strength Rating: 3/3.5

This wine is a blend of Baco Noir and Marechal Foch. It has a dark berry body color with ruby highlights. The nose is grapy and red raspberry like but, it is light overall.

The taste was puzzling at first. What are the berry notes here? To me it’s not berry like. It tastes like grapes! I think it taste like red globe grapes, just like I thought with the nose. Grape is what I smell and grapes is what I taste. Imagine that a wine that taste like a grape. I think it is in the simplicity of this wine that I get lost and it is in its simplicity that I like.

The texture is smooth on the delivery and finish. The aftertaste has that grape skin taste. Overall, this wine has a pretty clean mouthfeel.

This is the perfect wine to enjoy with a sandwich, a salad or a white pasta dish. This would be a nice wine to share with friends over a good conversation or a bad conversation at that. Because of its taste and mild body this wine should have a great range for food and cigar. Because of the low acidity, tannins and no astringent notes this wine should not interfere with the foods you want to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment