Like This

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Louis M. Martini 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County: Review

13.9% abv
Louis M. Martini Winery
Healdburg, Sonoma County, California, USA
$20.49 on sale for $14.49 a bottle
Wine Advocate Rating:
My Strength Rating: 6.5

Appearance: garnet in color with a lighter ruby edge around the glass.

Aroma: Nice little peppery spice, hint of earth and dark berries on the nose.

Flavors: To me I like the spice-box profile.  I’ll call it a pepper mill mix because, it is like having pink peppercorn, green and a little black peppercorn on the taste.  To me there is this little hint of tea or an herbal tea like taste.  I think it happens when it first hits my tongue.

The berries are lush in style.  No bitter or bite from the berry notes.  More like a boysenberry, bing cherry, and plum.  There is a mild earthy style with a little oaky presence on the finish. 

Overall mouthfeel is soft, flavorful, and pleasing to the palate.   

I have to say that I like this bottle of Loui better than their Napa Valley bottle that I reviewed yesterday.  The Sonoma County bottle is about $7.00 a bottle cheaper to boot.

Visit CigarPostings to read about this wine being paired with a Gurkha Cigar.

No comments:

Post a Comment