Like This

Monday, August 9, 2010

Smith and Hook 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon: Tasting

I bought this wine while I was out to dinner. This wine went well with dinner. It is not a big Cabernet and did not come across as being complex. When I got home and I had just the wine by itself I then got to experience the true flavors.

By itself there was a stronger bell pepper and a cherry flavor. This was an interesting combination. Actually, I was starting to think I really didn’t like this wine. Then, I decided to have some cheese and a cigar with the wine. The flavor of the wine was better again. There was a better berry flavor to mix with the cherry notes. The bell pepper profile was still there but, not as noticeable.

This wine needs to be paired up with something. By itself I found it ‘strange interesting’ and with food it was at least ok.

Buy: I am Iffy on this one. I would say find another Cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment