Like This

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mad Housewife Chardonnay 2008: Review


13.5% abv
Mad Housewife Cellars
St. Helena, Napa County, California, USA

Alright, I am not expecting much from this bottle.  My neighbor gave it to me and knowing them this bottle had to me no more than $5.00. 

Appearance: bright pale yellow

Aroma: tropical, melon like when chilled.  When this wine warms up it is cat pee all the way.  Sorry, they don’t call it cat pee any more it is called, guava. 

Flavors: tropical fruits with a squirt of red grapefruit, apple, melon.  Actually, this is not all that bad.  Let me call it decent.  And, if it is as cheap as I think it is – then, this is a pretty good deal. 

Now, when this wine gets warm the flavor changes.  There is a tart muddled fruity flavor with a dusty cinnamon note.

Mouthfeel: nice acidity to give you that red grapefruit slightly tart note.  Structure seems lacking.  The flavors seem muddled and there is a slight mineral watery edge. 

I found the wine at the local grocery store for $6.60 a bottle. 

On the back of the bottle it reads: “Somewhere near the cool shadows of the laundry room.  Past the litter box and between the plastic yard toys.  This is your time.  Time to enjoy a moment to yourself.  A moment without the madness.  The dishes can wait.  Dinner be damned.”

No comments:

Post a Comment