Like This

Friday, July 1, 2011

July is White Wine Month


A beautiful summer day and a white wine is the way to go.  So, chill yourself a bottle and find your favorite chair (outside) and enjoy the experience. 

I will be reviewing some white wines this month.  I am not a big white wine drinker.  I usually enjoy a few during the summer months and that is it for me.  Doing this blog I have become comfortable reviewing reds and I enjoy the challenge it brings. 

Now, this is going to be a big challenge for me.  One, I am not comfortable reviewing white wines probably because I have not reviewed many on this blog. 

In doing a little homework for whites I think I’ll have to look at them like Belgian Beers.  There are a lot of tropical fruit notes, apples, pears, citrus, and stone fruits.  I really like reviewing Belgian Beers so this might be better than I thought.  I’ll just be wondering what happened to the malts and hops. 

For you Red Wine Drinker who say, ‘I only drink reds.’  Well, it’s time to lose that attitude.  There are some great flavors to enjoy drinking good quality whites.  And, whites are great to enjoy on a hot summer day unlike some reds.   

I use to have that attitude towards whites as well.  It usually comes from trying a white wine at a restaurant that is low in quality, usually over sweetened and lacking character.  So, if I can lose that attitude so can you.  From what I have found it has helped me to enjoy my reds that much more. 

You can go to my cigar blog to read the white wine and cigar pairings as well.  Yes, white wines and cigars do pair well together.  You have to know what you are pairing and that is what the cigar blog is all about.  I will pair some good ones together and I will plan some that will collide in taste. 

Summertime is here so let’s experience the beauty of white wines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment