Like This

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Toasted Head Untamed Red 2007: Tasting

Untamed is Uneventful

I am not a fan of Merlot but, Toasted Head Merlot is very good in my book. I know this is not a Merlot wine. Untamed is a blend of Syrah, Zinfandel, and Petit Sirah. The description on the bottle says, ‘Uninhibited, even slightly unruly …,’ I am ready for some big stuff here – right?

I get some berry notes. I would not call it ‘big’, ‘juicy’, or ‘rich’. Spice? What spice. Maybe some earthy notes, right. No, no earthy notes. This is pretty boring stuff here. I am truly disappointed with this Untamed Red. Untamed is uneventful even for a one dimensional wine. I do not remember how much I paid for the bottle but, if I saw this bottle on sale for $5.oo I would pass it right up. I would not even buy it for an unruly friend.

3 comments:

  1. You don't know what you're talking about. This is a great wine for a great price. Very rich and fruity, full of body and flavors. One of the best blends I've had at any price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mr. Anonymous, the only thing you know about 'full body' is when you step on a scale. The last time you used 'very rich and fruity' in a sentence was when you were talking about your friend Schmel. John - 'the best'! you think that rooster wine is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Toasted Head but their Untamed Red is not my favorites. Though the description on the bottle is not very fitting, I don't feel it is fair to group it with $5.00 bottles.

    However, the only reason I'm writing anything is because the response to "Mr. Anonymous" is hilarious, and I need everyone who reads this to be aware of my approval.

    ReplyDelete