Like This

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Layer Cake Malbec 2010: Review


One True Vine
Mendoza, Argentina
14.6% abv
$15.99 Holiday Market Canton, Michigan

I saw this at the market store the other week and thought to myself I have not even reviewed the 09’s yet.  So, this week I am going to be reviewing the Layer Cake wines that I have – the 09 Malbec and Shiraz and the 2010 Malbec and Shiraz. 

Appearance: nice rich crimson body with a bright crimson rim. 

Aroma: ripe dark berries

Flavors: juicy dark berries that remind me of blackberry, mulberry, and cherries; light pepper spice, black licorice, smoky, and a little chocolate is started to show up here at the bottom of my first glass. 

Second glass: boy does this wine open up nicely. The flavors blend together for a tasty Malbec experience.  For the money you just can't beat this wine. 


Here are the notes from their web site:
“Tasting Notes: Pure, rich and very elegant; a powerhouse of lush black fruit, silky cocoa, black spice and cream, wrapped around blackberry, cherry and ripe plum.  Layered and complex with a nose to linger over, a finish that never ends.  Sweet anise, hints of tobacco, black chocolate, more cherries and exotic spices, layers of jam.  This wine will stand and perform anytime you think of a Cabernet and want something just a little more exotic.  Born at the base of the Andes and fed by the purest spring waters…I love this wine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment