Like This

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Villa Rubini 2008 Cabernet Franc

Colli Orientali del Friuli

This 13% abv Cabernet Franc is a true pepper experience. The fine grind pepper profile is the main dish here. There is a solid earthy quality with a nice dark cherry and black current notes to back up the pepper. My overall impression for My Strength Rating: 5.5.  Pretty much a medium bodied wine.  This wine is pretty simple in its taste. Being a Cabernet Franc lover I like to try as many different Francs as I can. While this is not complex I still like this wine because of the peppery experience.

For those of you who are not familiar with the Cabernet Franc grape – well you should be. It is known as the parent grape to Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc.

See the Cigar Pairing

No comments:

Post a Comment