Like This

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bry's Estate Pinot Noir / Riesling: Review


No vintage date found on bottle
Bry’s Estate Vineyard and Winery
Traverse City, Michigan, USA
Blend: 73% Pinot Noir; 27% Riesling
12% abv
$14.99

Appearance: liquid strawberry

Aroma: light red fruits like strawberry and pomegranate mixed with a hint of melon and fresh pear.  

Flavors: a little more tropical like than I expected.  A little acidic pineapple twang, red fruits similar to the nose,

Mouthfeel: a refreshing and lightly sweetened red fruit style on the delivery with the tropical notes hitting my mid-palate with that acidic pineapple tone on the back.
There is also a tart note playing in the back of the palate.  Nice balance.

To the Point: have to say it again; I am not a fan of rose or red and white blends.  BUT, and as you can see that is a big but, I think I like this one.  I like the red fruits and the light strawberry sweet/tart aftertaste. 

On their web site they say to have this with BBQ.  Well, it’s summer, so go pick up a bottle and light up the grill.  



No comments:

Post a Comment