Like This

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Girard 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon: Review

Napa County
Girard Winery
Healdsburg, California, USA
14.5% abv
$27.99
Sale: $19.99
Super Fine Wine & Liquor in Canton Michigan

Nothing like eight bucks off a bottle wine and I have not reviewed this one before makes the deal even better. 

Appearance: deep garnet

Aroma: big blackberry, black currant, toasted caramel, leather,

Flavors: oh the dark berries are tasty; blackberry, black currant, boysenberry, hell throw in black raspberry; other notes of oak spice, nice touch of pepper, roasted vanilla bean,

Mouthfeel: a pleasing thick feel without being jammy (not that jammy is bad), long lingering ‘thick’ dark berries, tannins under control, nice acidity,

To the Point: if it is still on sale … I am buying more.  I would guess 40 bucks for this bottle. 

Pair with steak, lamb chops, and tonight I had a sirloin burger with blue cheese mixed in with it and I added a pomegranate chipotle sauce when ready to serve.  I poured a raspberry vinegar and orange blood olive oil over the burger before cooking and cracked a little rose petal black pepper mix from my pepper mill.  Oh, how I enjoyed every sip and bite.   


On the second half of the bottle I enjoyed a Man O War Ruination Belicoso Cigar and this was a great pairing as well.  Damn Life is Good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment