Like This

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Justin Cabernet Sauvignon 2007: Review


13.5% abv
Justin Vineyards & Winery
Paso Robles, California, USA
I think I got this bottle for around $20.00.
My Strength Rating: 7

This 2007 cab has been a favorite of mine and I am now down to my last two bottles so I better do a review while I can.  I attempted to do a review a couple of times but I was enjoying the wine so much that I did not want to sit back and ‘think’ about it.  Doing these reviews take a lot of energy and concentration and that can take away from the experience itself. 

Appearance: dark ruby body with some lighter edges

Aroma: nice spice box nose with cinnamon leading the way.  Good dark berries and I am picking up a Bing cherry and black currant like aroma. 

Flavors: Oh this is sooo good.  There is a berry explosion on the palate with red and black berries intermingling.  The acidity seems low and the tannins are soft.  Oh, I wish I had more left in the cellar.  A nice earthy style of forest floor and a leathery texture just adds to the experience.  At times I think I notice a sweet cedar note and a thread of caramel on the palate. 

Mouthfeel: smooth and lush with lingering berries on the palate.

Oh, how I wish I could buy more of this wine.

Visit CigarPostings for the cigar pairing with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment