Like This

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Wine Review: Cigar Box Reserve Malbec 2009

14% abv
$17.00 ? - I'll be finding out because, I'll be getting more
Argentina
My Strength Rating: 7
Visit CigarPostings for the cigar pairing with Cigar Box Malbec


Now, I am not a Malbec slappy for I only drink one or two bottles a year and I think I may have only reviewed one maybe two bottle of Malbec this past year.

Appearance: dark almost black body with a slight ruby edge around the rim.


Aroma: dark berries and dark fruit, light spice, floral, and sweet cedar.


Taste: tart red currant, sweet cedar, dark chocolate, mineral earthiness, I don’t notice any violet notes.


Mouthfeel: the tart berry and dark chocolate notes give a little bite. Pushing toward the jammy side yet, the flavors are rich. Lasting aftertaste that is thick on the tongue like a good piece of 80% dark chocolate.


The typical violet note known to Malbec wines shows up as the wine opens up. The texture also becomes a little fuller.


I am going with a 7 strength rating because of the tart berry and dark chocolate bite, also the lasting aftertaste.


This is my kind of wine. I like this fuller style of Malbec.

Here are the links to the Malbec that I reviewed this month:
Terraza Malbec 06
Peirano Malbec 06
Catena Malbec 08
Luigi Bosca 08
Layer Cake Malbec 07

No comments:

Post a Comment