Like This

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Justin Isosceles 2006


Justin Vineyards and Winery
Paso Robles, California, USA
Blend: 86% Cab Sauvignon, 9% Cab Franc, 5% Merlot

Justin Isosceles 2006, how I love it and how I hate to see it go.  This is my last bottle of the 06 and I am going to enjoy it … hopefully. The last time I reviewed this wine was back in 2010 so, let me give an update on how it is doing.  I wanted to wait till 2016 to review it but, I just can’t wait … .

Appearance: typical Justin wine dark purple body with a ruby edge and great legs on the glass

Aroma: deep rich dark berries – blackberries, mulberries; peppery spice; mocha-coffee like

Flavors: follows the nose; bowl of dark berries, slightly peppery on the palate, solid earthy style … rich soil like, and a good medium roast coffee note.   I am not picking up that caramel note that I had back in 2010. 

Mouthfeel: this is Boldness and Elegance at its best


No comments:

Post a Comment