Like This

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Hattrick 2005 The Professor


Igor Larionov’s nickname is ‘The Professor’
And, I am a Professor (my job) and I am a Professor of wine, cigars, and beer too.

Igor Larionov Select Wines
Napa, California, USA
Blend: 41% Cab Sauvignon, 39% Cab Franc, 20% Merlot
14.5% abv
$34.99

I couldn’t believe that I never reviewed this wine.  I reviewed the other Hattrick wines but, I could not even find the bottle that I bought back when I purchased all the other ones.  I bought this one a couple months back at a store that I usually don’t buy from.  This must be the last bottle of this wine on the market.   

I came back out to my cigar lounge and there is the bottle.  The big magnum bottle of The Professor and it is empty … I drank that a long time ago and I must have enjoyed it for I didn’t do any writing on it. 

Appearance: deep garnet

Aroma: dark berries, touch of oak and a hint of smoke – this reminds me of the Merlot (see review) – interesting two years later and I right the same thing just in a different order. 

This wine still needs a little time to breathe

Wow, I was just reading my old review on The Hattrick Cab Sauvignon and I reviewed it with the Kiboko cigar from Don Lino’s Africa lineup on March 17, 2011.  Here it is March 19, 2013 and I am smoking my very last Kiboko cigar (they don’t make them anymore) with a bottle of The Hattrick The Professor.  I did not plan this – back to the review

Flavors: good soil earthy tone; thick dark berries that remind me of black currant, boysenberry and a touch of blackberry; nice oak and oak spice; a touch of mocha coffee;

Mouthfeel: smooth, elegant feel; nice dark berries linger on the palate



The Cigar and Pairing

Different bottle in the pic

Don Lino Africa Kiboko
Size: 6.5 x 58

See old review for information

No real need to break this cigar down in flavor profile for it is no longer available and with that said, I am truly enjoying this very last one from my humidor with this wine.  These two are prefect for each other.  I am just sitting back and enjoying these products that are no longer around.  I feel like I am saying good bye to two good old friends. 

Look at the great cigar box 





No comments:

Post a Comment