Like This

Friday, August 22, 2014

2012 Caymus 40 Anniversary Cabernet Sauvignon

Caymus Vineyards
Rutherford, California, USA


14.6% abv
One liter bottle

I went to La Bistecca tonight for dinner and Jerry said they had this bottle available and I just had to have it.  The 750 ml bottle should run around 60 bucks retail.  The one liter bottle at a wonderful restaurant like this set me back 140.  It paired well with my filet mignon. Damn, I just love their filet.  

Being young, only 2012, I thought it was ready to enjoy now and should age well.  The boysenberry and blackberry fruits were sitting there in the front row.  Nice fresh oak; some toasted vanilla bean seemed to float around on the back of the palate; silky satin mouthfeel; tannins were well controlled for such a young Cab.  I’ll be picking up a case of this.



No comments:

Post a Comment